Sunday, September 16, 2012

That smile, that beautiful smile

Three years ago, I felt contractions. That was the first time I knew what contractions felt like, exactly three years ago. It was painful, and the experience totally mine to experience. I think every mother will agree with me that the birth story of each child is special and unique. Kate's birth story can be read here.

And so, three years have passed and my firstborn is now a very chatty, intelligent, sensitive and beautiful toddler.

She's grown to become her own person, and going through the pictures of her from these three years, I notice that one thing consistently beautiful, is her smile.



















Dear Kate,

I cannot believe that you're turning three - THREE!?! I still remember rather clearly the labour, and those early moments when I first laid my eyes on you and rubbed my thumb across your body. I cried tears of joy, not believing that this beautiful little baby was mine. You bring such joy to our lives and I cannot imagine not having you in my life, no matter how tiring it is. You have taught me unconditional love, strength and given me hope that the world can be a better place, because you make it so.

I wish that you will continue to grow and stay happy, and always flash that beautiful signature smile of yours. 

You are beautiful, inside and outside, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You will always be my precious child. I love you.

Love, Mommy

1 comment: