Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Soaked oats

So it's been on more than one occasion that I read about soaked oats. I always wondered what it was and it was raved as so easy and yummy and nutritional all at once. After a lunch date with a friend last week, who told me that she eats it, it triggered me to get into action. After all, it is not technically cooking if it's just pouring stuff into a jar - akin cereal. 

I read a whole bunch of interesting recipes, but I decided on a few safe ones which I know would be tough to get wrong. 

My ingredients:
  • Origins Rolled Oats
  • Magnolia Fresh Milk 
  • Strawberries/blueberries
The first time I did it, it was plain oats with milk and lots of straw & blue-berries. It tasted not to bad, but I soaked too much oats and it filled me up for so long

The second time I did it, I lessened the amount of oats and added a bit of peanut butter. It added some crunch and taste to the oats, and I also topped it up with plenty of fruits (honeydew & berries). With lesser oats, it doesn't fill me up as much so I can eat at lunch time when I wish to.

This morning was my third try. 

Soaked oats in milk with a dollop of honey and fresh strawberries

I like this! It makes me feel healthy, fills me up with no guilt and the experimentation is (still) fun.
Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment