Saturday, August 8, 2015

A full heart

So, we were getting a snack at the mall this evening and I sought for a bench where we could settle before eating. We spotted a bench but it was filled with people, with one spot empty. I ushered J over and prompted him to sit on the spot. 
 
An elderly uncle shuffled over to give him more space and J said to him, "can you move over some more so that my Mommy can sit down?"
 
The uncle shuffled more before standing up to offer me the seat, saying "sit sit with him and eat together." 
 
I could not take up his offer, but thanked the very old man for his sweet gesture. His wife/partner who was sitting some slots away exclaimed "how sweet, this little boy!" And I could not help but beam with happiness and pride at this sweet little boy, my sweet little boy who has me in his little-big heart. 
 
Oh J, your magnanimity astounds and touches me infinitely. 
Mommy loves you to the fighter jets in the skies, and back! 
 

My sweet little boy
The above is a posed pic after the couple left, leaving us more than enough space to seat and finish our food. My heart was filled in an instant and the tummy's need for filling was secondary for certain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment