Thursday, July 20, 2017

Day 8: Goodbye Seoul, goodbye holiday

After sleeping pretty late as we were packing, the husband and I woke up as scheduled. We had worked out the time we needed to take the bus to get to the airport in time for check-in and our flights.


Breakfast was coffee around the corner, and a simple restaurant two doors down from the hotel.
I had to re-order the dumplings. Yum.

There was some last minute things to get (vitamins for my dad), so the husband and I split up. I headed to get what I needed, and I decided to make a pit-stop for Bake tarts.

Yummy.

We packed up all our stuff, and made it to the bus-stop to wait for our ride.

His and hers.

We were on different flights, so the husband checked in first, while I hung around and waited for him to head in.

Saying goodbye in Seoul

After he went in, I passed time by going to the toilet, walking about slowly, and finally, the check-in counters were open for my flight. I tried to head in to meet the husband at his gate before he flew off, but I did not make it in time.


When I eventually walked to his gate, I only saw his plane on tarmac. I decided to walk about more, given that I'd be confined on flight for the next few hours. But first, lunch.

When in KR, must eat kimchi stew. YUM.

Though I was nearly at the end of my threshold for Korean food, I still made it a point to finish off my last meal with it. After all, I wouldn't have this 'authentic' food anymore after this day. So I did.
I ate alone slowly, soaking in the busy buzz at the airport. I walked up and down the airport from gate to gate, and got some loose change after re-claiming back some tax money. As a final treat (omg, so greedy!), I had a soft serve.


Finally, it was time to board and I did. SQ FTW!


I arrived back in Singapore on schedule and to my delight, the husband and waited for me at the airport so we could go home together. That touched me as I'd expected to be going home alone. Hooray.


When we got home, the kids were up and we managed to give cuddles before we sent them to bed and continued unpacking.


It had truly been an eventful week and I felt so thankful to have had this opportunity to spend this time with the husband. It's been a while since we did a non-beach-holiday; and despite the initial horrors of this holiday happening out of the blue, it definitely worked out in the end.


Thank you, dear husband for the amazing week together. I think it's always good for us to reconnect one-to-one; essentially really, for our self-sanity and to strengthen our partnership. I am reminded that I still love you very much and will always love to travel and do anything/something/nothing with you, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment