Saturday, February 6, 2010

Traditions

It's one week to Chinese New Year and the husband and I were talking about how much more we appreciate doing the "usuals" now that we are parents. I think we're fairly modern parents and we don't actually do much of the traditional stuff very often, though within us, we still hold our Chinese roots close to our hearts. And now that we have a child, we agree that it's important to share these traditions with Kate, so she will grow up hopefully loving and enjoying them. A big thing of CNY is obviously the visiting (and for kids it's obvious that receiving red packets is one major highlight); and I hope to introduce to her the meaning and importance of elders, family and respect.

Besides, how can I resist showing off my cute little precious?

No comments:

Post a Comment