Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feeling grateful

After becoming a mother, time to myself needs to be created. I don't have the luxury of scooting off "just because" anymore. Before I make plans, I have to notify the husband and we'd usually work something out. I gotta make sure that Kate has milk, and if the husband cannot babysit then it's either the mother-in-law or my mom. It's not difficult, just different because there's little or none of impromptu-ness anymore.

However, sometimes, I strike gold when Kate goes to sleep. If the husband is awake, he'll usually watch tv (no longer an activity we take for granted); or we'll chat. I like those moments. If the husband is also asleep, I find myself with time to myself.

Tonight, it's one of the latter moments and I find myself thinking about how fortunate I am (despite the icky thoughts I have about many random matters), just because I have two people that mean the world to me safe and content within arms' reach.

This evening, I also spent an hour with Kate alone. I brought her for a walk and though I'm aching from carrying her (she's like a moving dumb-bell) I think it's fantastic time spent. I love holding her and walking about, pointing out things to her, seeing her curious eyes scanning everything about, feeling her wriggle because she's bored. I totally enjoyed myself.

Amidst the uncertainty of life and the influx of sad, horrible news of disasters around the world, it's these little things that make life worthwhile and we ought to be more thankful of them.

I love you Kate, and I love you, husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment