Sunday, August 6, 2017

He did it again!

The husband is now in the Philippines. For the second year, he has signed up to participate in the Ironman 70.3. No pics, because no one is there with the husband.


But, it has to be recorded that he went, and he conquered.


I was worrying about him because (1) everything seemed so rushed (2) he didn't seem to have trained consistently (3) no one is there with him at all (no fellow friends racing alongside, no cheerleaders).


However, it all worked out very well. Two days before he left, he said to me, "I feel good. I didn't train as much, I know, but I feel strong." Perhaps, it really is all a mind game.


So proud of his amazing efforts, nearly inhuman to be able to keep the body moving non-stop for 7 hours straight; and even prouder that he fared better than last year.

Good job baby, we are so proud of you.


Flashback to Ironman 70.3 in 2016

1 comment: