Thursday, August 10, 2017

Last Friday, just because I was on leave

It was the eve of the husband going off, and we both took leave to accomplish important adult matters. Because, however, of my late night, the husband stepped in to do school run with the girl, and I managed to wake up in time to drop this boy at school.


Botak 1 and botak 2

After the morning of adulting, the husband and I managed a quick lunch; then it was still early for child pick-up, so we did a supermarket run together. Nothing sexier than supermarketing in broad daylight!
And they say romance is dead. Heh.

The afternoon snooze button really hit and after picking the girl, both she and I dozed off on the drive home where the husband braved snooze to pick the boy up.


After washing up and resting some, we headed out. I had major plans of a picnic, or scootering with the kids... but decided that simple was best.

FRIYAY!

We strolled along the river, while the husband had his dinner nearby. We saw beautiful skies, a colourful bridge, lovely trees, the river... and we decided on our dinner spot because it housed a temporary jumping castle. Ha! Important factors in making critical decisions! While the children jumped the castle, I ordered our dinner. They also explored the area; quite extensively, I say.

Girls can climb trees too!
And boys can sit still to draw too.

The boy did a lovely drawing of this scenery, with his interpretation of the trees, buildings, people on hoverboards, tiny boats... it was adorable. We had a fancy dinner and I wish to say the night ended well, but it did not. I was hit by 'convection current ala- the-worst-tummyache-ever-where-I-broke-out-in-cold-sweat-feel-faint-type-of-pain' - and thankfully, the husband was close enough to pick all of us up safely. There came a point my head was spinning so badly I thought I was going to faint. (On this note, I have actually fainted from this tummy hit before, so my worry was legit.)


Thankfully, the husband rescued us all and while he continued packing into the night for his flight out the next morning; I crashed into bed, nursing my sore tummy.


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment