Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A warm and fuzzy feeling

That's how I feel when I cuddle Kate. It's how I feel when I look at her.

Last night, I was watching her sleep when the husband came up from behind and whispered "why are you staring at her?"

I love watching Kate. I do it because I get this sense of love and calm, and I feel like the world's come to a standstill as I'm looking at her peaceful face. Her cherubic cheeks, the pouty lips, the very slight double-eyelid that she has (she is, through and through a single eye-lidder when her eyes are open though), her tousled hair (yes! She has hair now! After 10 loong months)... I love how she can toss and turn herself around and about to make herself comfortable. Sometimes, when the husband and I kiss her, we disturb her sleep and she'll wrinkle her nose and rub it with her tiny fists and it's soo incredibly cute!

Kate also performs acrobatics in her sleep. One moment she'd be lying in a spot, the next she'd have flipped to another. I have to be careful before I move my hands or body as I never know where her head or feet are, as I don't wish to squash her. For a small person, she takes up a lot of space. It's cute though, when I wake up and I feel her head close to my body and the next find her feet instead!

I also love lying very very close to her, it's an amazing feeling to have her little body next to mine. What's even more precious is when she comes to lay herself on my body when I ask her for a hug.

Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. i love watching elise too!
    Thanks for the book! ITS PERFECT.. i got some little toys for kate too (my mom will be bringing it back for me) kate is going to be 1 soon!! YAY

    ReplyDelete