Saturday, October 31, 2015

Little Miss K graduates from kindy

Saturday, 31 October rolled along. For months prior, this little girl has been super excited telling us how she's been practising at school and singing and dancing along to songs in preparation of her graduation concert.
 
Some observations of K through the course of her preparations and on the actual day:
1) She really fancies dancing
This has been apparent for years, where everytime she has a performance at school, you'll see that she practises quite diligently at home. She shies from dancing for us, but she will break out into moves and she will look at herself in the reflection/mirrors. To watch her commit to enjoying dance is a joy to watch and I've contemplated signing her up for classes, but there doesn't seem to be time - yet. I'm hoping that I'll have a chance to enroll her via the school programme next year, let's see.
 
2) She loves putting on make-up
Being the girly-girl that she is, K really enjoyed being the centre of attention and putting make-up on her adorable little face. For her rehearsals, the teachers went ahead to draw her face - and yes, I use draw her face - because it was so much. It looked like she was a 6yo trying on the SQ-style make-up with a huge amount of eyeshadow and it was just, all a lot. She totally enjoyed it though and loved the fact that she was all dolled up.
 
On the actual day of the concert, I applied make-up for her for the first time in our lives and it felt like such an intimate experience. She was so happy and declared it "the best day ever! I'm super excited and happy!"
 
3) She is loved
There was no doubt that the family - beyond just the husband and I - would go to her concert to support her, and for that I am thankful, for her to receive the love and adoration of a group of loved ones. She was cheered and to watch her chest bloom with pride (yet playing it cool) was too adorable to watch and I know that she will be a girl who will always have angels watching over her.
 
4) My little girl is growing up
I knew she was going to be wearing her graduation gown and receiving her graduation certificate, but what I had not expected was to feel that emotional. That moment where she strode across the stage confidently to receive her certificate, made my heart burst into a million pieces and I could not stop smiling. My eyes also watered up and it was one of the most amazing feelings, a mish-mash of love and pride and wistfulness, watching my firstborn.
 
 
Pretty in pink
Waiting for the concert to begin. It was held in the hall of my primary school and
it felt so strange and surreal sitting in the premise of my ex-school!
My little girl
The moment that made me cry - sniff
Dancing two songs, represented in the chinese immersion class
The performances fromo her class
Finale
Proud Grandma

Happy graduates from K2
 
Proud parents

It was an amazing day of accomplishment and I am so happy for my beautiful daughter.

Dear K, you have grown up to be quite a little girl. Your character is strong and I know that we still have a long way to go together, but you have come so far and done a great job. Your heart is sweet and I know that you can be an amazing big girl and Mommy will be here with you every step along the way. Congratulations on your graduation from kindergarten, we are so, so proud of you.

Love you always and forever,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment