Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Teachers Day

I am not an 'active' parent, who goes the full 9 yards to purchase gifts for teachers on behalf of the kids, nor do I bake (not just for them, I just am undomesticated generally).


I do remind the children that it's teachers' day and they should draw a card for their teacher.  For posterity, here is a card that K prepared for her form teacher.





Front
Inside


I like how her brain functions more in words than merely pictures now, and while there are spelling errors, I also like how I am able to decipher what she is trying to say because she is trying to form the word using phonetics.


My little girl is growing up so quickly and sometimes, I feel at a loss how to manage her. K's not an overtly expressive child and she is still rather immature, though so sensitive and thoughtful at the same time.


Parenting is hard, and with all the hard stuff that is going on in the world, I remind myself to give thanks that my children and family are healthy, they are developing and they are learning each day, just as I am. I am also thankful for the brave ones who are with children as their jobs. Sure, I am a parent (and that is a job too) but teachers, they don't have it easy either.


I wish that this teacher's day, the children learn to love and appreciate those who guide them through their school journey, and may the children enjoy learning as much as can be so that they can flourish and become the most amazing people they want to be.


Happy Teacher's Day to all who dedicate their lives and hearts to nurturing our young.

No comments:

Post a Comment