Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cranky Kate

So the HFMD has really hit and the blisters seem to be sprouting. They seem to attack her ezcema spots making it look angry and spotty. Little we can do but soothe/ distract her best we can. The husband has been very diligent about applying cream for her.

Last night, she woke up crying for no apparent reason, rejecting even the pacifier. I suspect the blisters have attacked her throat/mouth and causing her distress.

She didn't sleep till past 12, unable to settle properly and extremely clingy. She didn't allow me to leave for work yesterday morning - she sat on my lap with her head on my chest and wanted me to sing to her. The MIL and I had to distract her with a bath while I made my escape to work. Last night, she preferred to lie on my body than beside me before drifting off to sleep.

My heart breaks, imagining the pains and aches and discomfort she is experiencing right now. Day 3 already, another 5 to go. Really sayang to see her in this state. The only comfort is that she's still eating her foods and drinking milk, and not resistent to medicine.

Dear Kate, Mommy hates to see you in this state. If I could, I'll bear
the pain for you, but I can't. The bad bug will go away very soon, it will make
you stronger, so be good and bear with it for now, ok? Mommy will always be by
your side to hold and hug you, even if I cannot do anything else, I will never
leave your side.

Love always and be strong my love...

1 comment:

  1. my heart ached n i cried when i read this touching post...love u both

    ReplyDelete