Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dear Kate

Dear Kate,

Thank you for being the most beautiful child in the world.

Thank you for making me smile.

Thank you for giving me hugs when I ask for them, and even more when I didn't.

Thank you for being so easy to feed as a breastfed baby, for enjoying food, for going "umm" with zest and making everyone giggle.

Thank you for teaching me patience.

Thank you for being such a charmer, making everyone you meet break out into smiles as they receive your friendly waves and cute grin.

Thank you for giving new purpose in my life.

Thank you for making me evaluate what's important in life.

Thank you for making me proud.

Thank you for showing me love.

Thank you for teaching me persistence, when you insist time and again when we say 'no'.

Thank you for showing me effort, as you imitate when we teach you something.

Thank you for bringing such joy and laughter to everyone's life.

Thank you for making me feel special.

Thank you for loving me.

Thank you for making such adorable animal noises - wo wo wo (dog barking), aah (cat meowing), oooooooohhhhh (cow mooing).

Thank you for listening so attentively everytime there's "lesson time" and we play you your educational DVD.

Thank you for making my life so much more meaningful.

Thank you, for being you.

Happy birthday my precious. Mommy cannot begin to describe the love that I have for you. You mean the world to Papa and I. It's been a fantastic year, and I look forward to more happy times with you.

Things may not always be fun and cushy, sometimes they will be unpleasant and even painful. I wish that you'll learn your lesson through your experiences and become a stronger, smarter person. I will always be here for you, as your Mother, as your friend.

You're so much more aware of your surroundings now, and I look forward to more exciting discoveries and developments in your life. I know that we will have an even better year ahead.

I love you Kate. You are my everything.

Love, Mommy

1 comment: