Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Long Christmas Weekend

Finally, have the opportunity to pepper our weekend with pictures.

23rd December 2011 - Annual Christmas Party with the husband's gang of pirates. This year, we did it at MBS. We had our usual fanfare of food, followed by the traditional gift exchange. As always, the children are the ones who take the limelight, enjoying themselves the most!

Our first pic of the night - Christmas isn't Christmas without our family complete (+1!)

Happy Kate with her presents!

Opening presents is serious work

The kids crowding around a present

My princess & I

WAGs (with +2!)

The princesses

The complete group of us

The husband and I - we managed to sneak in a shot of us

Check out the past years' parties here.

24 December 2011 - Christmas Eve party at the bestie's

My happy reindeer with the Christmas tree

25 December 2011 - Christmas Day. It was very lazy and this picture encapsulated what it was about - errands and snipping toenails, with plenty of love!


26 December 2011 - Boxing Day - the husband and I made an effort to head out (just us 3+1) and it was a nice day of our little family only.

Brunch @ Dempsey (it was 2pm). "I want this one, this one, this one..."

Enjoying her apple juice

Sharing fries with Papa.
She spots Papa's dirty mouth and goes "EEEEEE!" She then picks up her serviette on the table and offers it to him, "Clean your mouth" - haha! Cracked me up!

Us

Mussels, fries, BLT sandwich & steak burger. 2 healthy juices.

A series of candid, happy shots of my loves. I love how happy they look; melts my heart.
After our makan, we explored the furniture shops at Dempsey, scouting for suitable pieces for our home. Then we headed to town to spend some Christmas gift-money to top up items, again, for our new home. It was tiring and bustling with people (post-Christmas sales!), and I reckon it was a fruitful trip. Kate took a nap (she was soo cranky & desperately needed one) - the husband had gone ahead to soldier on with the shopping and I sat in a quiet spot with Kate asleep in my arms. It's been a long time since I did this (compared to when she was a mere little one and I always held her in my arms) and I loved it. I miss the quiet peace on her face as she sleeps, I love watching her & feeling her rhythmic breathing against my body. I observe her little nose, her eyelashes and I hold her tightly and I want to remember this feeling of love and snuggling forever. It's made even more special when Jake moves about. It's the most amazing feeling in the world with both my babies tucked close to me - gosh, so much love!

We headed out of town when the errands were done and treated Kate to her much-loved pizza. The husband also bought her a pair of training chopsticks which she used with much expertise - my clever little princess! Here's a (not great) shot of her popping tomato into her mouth.


And that ended our long Christmas weekend. I cannot emphasize how lovely it was, because it's spent with loved ones, doing simple and not-so-simple things.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment