Friday, December 13, 2013

Feeling a lot like Christmas

Things have been hectic, admittedly not all bad. Some of it was the trip away, catching up on lost time with the kids and husband, work... And though I know that it's already (already!) December, it only happened tonight. 

That fuzzy feeling that creeps up on you and you feel it. 

The husband was reading his book in the balcony, the living room floor was littered with wrappers, gifts, tape, stationery... I had an elf helper who was half-distracted in her role and did an, umm, endearingly child-like version of her task of labeling gifts, and my little son was knocked out missing out on all the night action as is his usual style (that boy sleeps when he wants to). 

And when the bottom of the tree started filling up with presents, and despite my exhaustion, I felt it. 

That feeling of Christmas and love and chilled beers and cool wine and laughter and it was all in my heart and home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment