Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Never a dull moment

... if you have kids. That's a known fact and the only reminder I ought to kick myself with to keep my temper under control. Not sure what it is but I have been so cranky lately.

So this morning, the kids were driving me mental. Over what? A back-scratcher. You know, one of those stick thingies that come with a hand at the back of it that you can scratch your back with. My husband bought one for K thinking that it's funny because she has a habit of asking for her back to be scratched to go to sleep; but I digress. So both of them decided that they must use that (as a toy, not for its actual intent) and started screaming and fighting. I was so irritated I took it from both of them - I have this rule where if they don't share, I confiscate the item. 

Pandemonium erupted because instead of them being mad with each other, they felt indignant that I had taken away their precious (useless) item from them! I was close to a migraine and asked for Jake to be brought out for his morning walk. 

Then two minutes later.... 
Magic moment
It was as if they had not just yelled at each other at the top of their voices just moments ago. And my helper and I both looked at each other - in disbelief & relief.

I stood there watching them for a moment, and savoured it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment