Saturday, May 31, 2014

The husband graduates!

Not the education graduation (where he gets his paper certificate from the University), but from his course; the one where he put in plenty of time and heart so that his time in the past 5 months was well-spent. This evening, was one where we scrubbed ourselves clean and put on some nice-looking clothes and spent time with other adults in my attendance of the formal gig of the husband's. 

The first time I brought my new clutch out (birthday present from the siblings & their crew)
The whole programme for the night ran pretty much like clockwork. There was a cocktail session where we welcomed the GOH, where the syndicates (I did question too, why they couldn't just be called "groups"?) took graduation pictures and we warmed up with one another before the actual dinner started. 

All the Navy graduates
The dinner ran some speeches, and gave a brief overview of what our partners had been so busy with during their time out of their home and usual work. A highlight of the evening was when we (referring to all the loved ones, family or partners of the graduates) were pleasantly surprised when the emcee said, "and now, our graduates will like to give a token of appreciation to you for (insert niceties)". 


Love this shot of us (I hadn't even known the pic was taken) where the husband presented me with my special gift and was tearing it open for me 

A handsome man, a thoughtful gift he handpicked for me - what more could a woman want? 
Another highlight of the night was me witnessing my handsome, and capable husband win an award! The top 10% of each cohort receives a "Distinguished Graduate" award and guess who got his hands on one!

Award Winner
What really warmed my heart was how the husband got along with his syndicate and other members. To hear positive feedback of him from his fellow peers truly hit the spot. 

Us
And to end off the night, we had a round of drinks with his colleagues-team mates-turned friends, and it felt great.

Just a little on my dress that night, it's my first purchase from Stolen. It was so pretty and made me look pretty much how I felt - the proud woman on my husband's arm.

Dress: Stolen
Mood: Beyond awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment