Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Seeing red

... In a good way!


Last week, there was a blood donation drive at my office building. I have never done it before and I am so glad I went for it. My previous attempt to do so failed, as I failed the haemoglobin test. This time, I cleared everything and donated blood for the first time!


Pump. pump. pump.

View while lying down.
It's such a simple activity and while I don't know the stats of why it's good and how beneficial it is for others, I do think it's something that is worthwhile and being able-bodied is something that we should not take for granted.


Oddly, this was the same day I bled differently. First, my 2nd finger on the right hand was poked for the haemoglobin test. Then my veins on the right arm underwent the needle for blood draw. That same night, my 3rd finger on the same arm bled as I picked up a piece of glass unknowingly and dripped blood on my shirt. !!!


It was a good experience and I felt happy that I could contribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment