Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas is in the air

I'm not religious, so Christmas had always been a fun-time more than anything. It'd be a time where it's always fun and thrilling to exchange gifts, a perfect excuse to party and tuck into yummy food.

Then in the past 3 years, Christmas took on a more definite shape with me joining in my then-boyfriend, now-husband's crew in the usual dinner-pig-out-drink-make-merry-exchange-gifts-fun-gatherings. It became tradition for this crew to meet up and celebrate Christmas together.

This year, Kate celebrates her first Christmas with us, and a first Christmas as a family of three. Becoming a mother has put a fresh spin on many things in my life and December - which is always a happy month - is sweeter this year because of my new bundle of joy.

I've become more appreciative of what I have in life; life just seems better somehow.

I'm trying to find words to describe how I feel; but I find it difficult to find one word that captures that feeling. It's more like a mishmash of gratefulness, happiness, love, patience, bliss.


To Kate: Mommy cannot begin to tell you (again) how much I love you, how precious you are and how you have made my life so much better. You have made Mommy a better person; more patient and giving. You mean everything to me.

Happy Christmas my darling baby Kate, happy 14-weeks old December 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment