Monday, June 14, 2010

Mama

Kate is very clingy to me, especially at night time. It's true how children are creatures of habit (I need to develop a strategy to wean her off; but that's a different chapter altogether).

Last Saturday, I headed out for an afternoon out with my gfs. We did a movie (SATC, how appropriate) then dinner. I was out without the husband nor the baby. It felt liberating. I did miss them but I made sure that I enjoyed the time I was away from them.

When I got home, Kate was asleep but she got awakened and while she was screaming her head off, I peeped at her from outside as I didn't want to distract her. This little girl has very sharp vision and she yelled even louder (how she goes a notch louder everytime we think she's hit the max volume I don't know) when she spied me spying on her.

I had to go in and hug her (which was what I really wanted to do the moment I stepped home but I had to control myself as I didn't wish to disturb her) and she was so distressed and annoyed that she did take a while to calm down.

During that while, my parents, the sister and the husband were all in the room watching Kate have her little meltdown. And in the middle it all, she lurched for me and called out "Mama".

It has happened before, that she's blurted this out - and I know it's because she's learning how to say the likes of da, ma, pa, la, ya currently. But at that moment, when she called out for me in front of an audience - I felt very, very happy.

1 comment: