Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Night activity

Today, I'm suffering from poor and little sleep last night.

I'd finished work late and reached home at 10pm. Kate was asleep and I quickly went to take my shower. Halfway through scrubbing up, I heard her crying very loudly and angrily. She was fussing so much the MIL could not even put her down to prepare milk.

She saw me and wouldn't be pacified, until I carried her. I had to coax her to go to the room and lay down on the bed to take her milk. After the feed though, she was really active, not wanting to sleep and she kept bringing her books to me, wanting me to read to her! She wanted to crawl around and sleep was definitely not on her agenda.

I was tired and I told her very fiercely "I am very tired. I do not want to read or play with you now. It is sleeping time!"; and I proceeded to lie on the bed with my eyes (semi-closed, peeping at her) and ignored her.

Alas, that didn't deter her and she was quite content to play on her own. She laid on the mattress on the ground, she picked up her soft toy and carried it from the bed to the dresser, she walked alongside the bed, she thumped books on my face in a bid to get me to read to her, she talked to herself, and (this is my favourite) she'd walk away and come back and place her head on my chest, before walking off again, and coming back to do it again.

I have no idea what she was doing, except that she just did not want to sleep.

Finally, after 2 hours, and my 40th attempt to carry her (she just kept wriggling away), she let me put her to sleep - with the aid of some milk.

It was past midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment