Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Time with my man

The husband is a busy man. He's busy with work, helping out at home when he can, his studies, and now that he's on school break, he's still busy with work. Truth is, we really have little time to spend together, much less even talk to each other on a daily basis.

Our days can pass like this.
7am: he's up and ready to head out the door (or grouching "I'm late" while rushing to get out) and that's about the time the rest of the household slowly/hurriedly gets a move on (Jake is the only one who's rushed because he's truly UP and ABOUT the moment he's awake. Kate is the snoozer who actually lies in bed and stretches. I'm in-between. & just for the record, the husband is the born snoozer but he cannot because circumstantially his work starts earliest.)
7.30am - 7.45am: Jake, Kate and I hang around the dining table having breakfast.
8am: I'm preparing to go to work.
8.30am: I head off to work.
7pm: I reach home from work.
8-9pm: The husband comes home from work.
8.30pm: Jake goes to sleep.
10pm: Kate goes to sleep... along with either the husband or I.
That's when either of us goes to sleep along with K because we're tired like that.

So based on the above, you can kinda make out why we seldom have time with each other. I mean, there're just things to do. 

And I have missed his company.

The last weekend being Fathers' Day weekend, the siblings made a date to go hang out together and I was really looking forward to being with him. And the siblings. And just do adult stuff.

Saturday: the night we headed out to not one, nor two, nor three, but FOUR places in one night! #maximisingtimeout
Thanks to the sister for organising this night out where we all got to hang out together; and just for the record, we went to Bitters & Love, then Naked Finn, Ann Siang Hill (a failed stopover) followed by PS Cafe. 

Sun: movie date - the new Superman is pretty cute

Sun evening: running together

I felt so happy being able to do adult stuff! Together with the husband! And from one night out, it amazingly became spurts of activity through till Sunday. Yay! Am thankful that we have help so that we can even think about having adult time. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment