Monday, January 19, 2015

Superman and his Superheros

So while the husband had a quiet and tight celebration with his boys on his birthday, and we did a family celebration with him where he had not one, but two cakes (that makes a total of three!); I planned another celebration for him. A small one, with a small group of family and friends. I also invested some time to think about how to make it a little funnier, a little more special and a little more memorable. 

Afterall, he's turning thirty five

It all happened quite easily, where I had a lightbulb literally going DING! in my head late one night. And as always, my partner in party-planning was immediately notified of my idea and we agreed that it's a done deal. I then involved all of the guests at this party and while I was thinking about it over a few weeks, everything really came together only days before the party day.


Step 1 - thanks to the sister who found this range of masks!

Cutting-in-progress

All lined up and ready for party

On the actual day, we had a nice dinner at two chefs. After dinner, we then surprised the unknowing husband with his gift. A Superman tee - with cape! He must have been slightly(?) surprised to see us all masked up. Giggles.


Superheros 

Taking flight

Through the mall he goes

Love this pic
Drunken shenanigans

A pretty epic moment when Batman flapped in to sing along with Superman
The night got fun, and more fun, and it ended at about.... the time that Superman didn't feel too super.


Dead log
Tee hee hee
Off home we go...

It was a nice night and I'm happy that we all made it out together. The fact that a small group of us, who all really mattered, took time out to come out, and don the silly fun masks together, that made it awesome.

Because we all care and love the man, Superman or not, drunk or otherwise, the love is real and these ties, are the real Superheros in what makes the world go round and a better place.

Peace out.

Happy birthday, to the husband. I hope you remember this special 3-5. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment