Thursday, October 28, 2010

Being strong, being thankful

I chanced upon a blog that made me very emotional. It's a bitter-sweet story, but leaning on sweet because though it's not happily ever after - yet, hopefully - it is very inspirational and it gives me reason to be thankful for all that I have in my life.

I have a loving husband who, despite his eccentricities and outward appearance, is really a sweetheart. I have the most beautiful daughter in the world who already has such a distinctive character at the tender ol' age of 13.5 months old. I have great family who are there to lend help and support. I have close girlfriends who accept me for who I am. I have an able and healthy body that allows me to do what I wish to do.

I am a lucky girl. I need to remember not to sweat the little stuff.

Having said that, I have to say that it is not easy being strong. Kate has been ill for way too long already - the stomach flu that had her having fever and diarrhoea for a grand total of 10 days, followed by bouts of cough and cold (no thanks to the haze that hit Singapore just as her immune system was low), and the fever recurring again the past week. I do all that I have to do to monitor her condition, but it is tiresome and stressful emotionally, mentally and physically especially with the husband being away.

I pray that Kate will get better soon, for good and not have the sickness creep back every few days.

Gotta be strong, gotta be thankful.

1 comment: