Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 1

Today, the husband flew off for a work trip. Kate and I miss him already. I know the husband left with a heavy heart as Kate is still sick after a week. I could only assure him that he'd be updated closely on her condition and that she is a strong girl.

Our day was hectic.

After sending the husband off at 6am, I drove home half-asleep and crashed back to bed with Kate. I was awakened by the alarm (semi-ignored it) and the smell of poop (Kate's active bowels at work). Seeing that I was half hour behind schedule, I quickly got up and started the day. After feeding and washing Kate, the MIL and I set off to the PD - for the 4th time in 6 days. It has gotta be sickie-season or something, because the clinic was packed. It was only 10am and there were already 12 kids ahead of Kate in line. Doing what we usually do, we walked about the hospital, cruised up and down the escalators, had a bite at the cafe and after 1.5hours, it was our turn.

The doc sent us off for a blood test as that's the quickest way to check if the week-long stomach flu is really a bacterial infection, which will then call for antibiotics. I gotta say that despite it being terribly unpleasant to see your child being pricked to have blood drawn from her, the exercise brought me much relief as I knew that it was the best way of knowing what was really wrong with her.

Turns out Kate does have a bacterial infection - which really explains the week-long diarrhoea and pesky fever. A 5-day dose of antibiotics is dispensed and I really hope that this will be the end of her medicine consumption. After 3.5hours, we finally left the hospital for home.

The afternoon was hot and muggy, only benefit of this was that I managed to clear some laundry. I didn't bother to pack the room yet, and I know for sure that it wouldn't get messier (since the husband is not around heh)

It breaks my heart to see how Kate resists the medicine that she's got to consume. Satchet powder, liquids in various rainbow-colours, I truly hope it is the last stretch of her medicine.

It's now 11pm and Kate's asleep and I'm savouring quiet time in the room. I miss the husband and I know he misses Kate terribly. Another day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment