Monday, October 4, 2010

Precious moments

After the uber-heavy going week, my weekend started last Friday early - just the way I like it.

The sister and I met up first and we wandered around the mall doing silly girly chit-chat and catching up. Managed to get her a useful birthday gift that looks very nice on her skin colour; and a purchase for me too. The husband and K had a much more obstacle-filled and bumpy journey to meet us, but amidst salty porridge, lousy service, bad traffic and annoying road-pricing systems, the night was still pretty decent as it was time well-spent as a family.

Saturday was breakfast with Kate, followed by a trip to the doc's. Kate and I saw our doctors respectively for routine check-ups and yay, all is well. The little one weights 9.2kg and is 75cm tall. PD says "growth is steady, very good!" Well done, Baby Kate! She didn't react too great to the jab in her butt - but as always, the strong trouper whined for a bit and was good as new. Mom was away but we headed back home anyway and spent the afternoon playing with her "weekend toys"; and were visited by gugu's friends Uncle James, Uncle KO and Uncle Alvin. That evening, I also cooked fish porridge with chopped up greens for Kate. I honestly didn't think it was yummy, but she ate it nonetheless. We then headed out to steamboat dinner with some friends. I gotta say that it is rather boring for Kate while the adults ate (and she doesn't get any) but I'm happy that she had sister Kayenne for company that night.

Sunday was spent at Vivocity as the family met Mom who came back from her wkend cruise. It was fun to eat German altogether. Like the sister said, it was "just like Perth". Kate was rather temperamental and grumpy the whole weekend, I wonder if the jab bothered her that much, or perhaps she is teething again.

A grumpy whiney baby is not fun. But, one that is thrilled to play the "walking game" is very! The girl can now walk at least 3metres now, from the arms of one person to the other. It is terribly cute to see her toddling along precariously. Very very fun and I'm very proud of her.

It's back to the work week again, but I try to remind myself that life is so much more meaningful because I have Kate and a lovely family.

No comments:

Post a Comment