Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day 6: Goodbye Yosemite, Hello San Francisco

After the very rough night one day before, I felt like my head was going to split. By this day, the husband seemed to really understand my need for coffee in the morning, and offered to go buy while I pack up and get ready to check out from the lodge. 

Just before we stepped out from our very cosy and warm lodge, I had to take pictures of the view. 

View from our room
Sleeping with nature, kinda
All bundled up and ready to go
Standing in the sunshine was so comfortable

We drove off, after packing luggages and both kids in, and drove off. I have only been in Yosemite two nights, and perhaps it's because this place holds a special place in my husband's heart, I really like the place. From the build-up of the drive from LA to Yosemite, and even exploring within Yosemite, the big, big world really struck me and I felt so humbled. 

And since I set my eyes on the open fields, I had the desire to run through the fields. It seemed to be calling out to me, to run free! And so I did.

It was super liberating to just run!
On the drive down Yosemite, the husband and I stopped to take pictures. The kids were snuggled up and not keen to get out from their warm seats, and they were probably both tired from the rough sickie-night.


Thank you, for introducing Yosemite to me
WHEE
It took us a few hours to get to San Francisco, and through the drive, we snacked, ate bad junk food, ploughed through our vehicle-pantry (that we stocked up with chips, fruits, cookies, yoghurt, drinks, granola bars....) so by the time it was 5pm, we were ready to get out of the car to stretch our legs.

We had arrived at Livermore Outlet Malls and we took the opportunity to walkabout, shop and have our dinner.

So, people ask / wonder how we shop with kids in tow. Between the husband and I, we divide and conquer - we take a child each, and I usually take the child in a pram. I'm able to push the child, distract with snacks, play games (peekaboo amidst the clothes rack is a favourite). We move in pairs on our own and it becomes a thrill for the kids to meet up when we bump into each other in the stores. On this particular shopping stopover, I got some clothes from Gap for myself and the kids, a new pair of sunnies, and exercise clothes.

Poor J had a relapse of diarrhoea and when we stopped for dinner (post-shopping), he had a terrible time in the loo. I still remember his poor little face all crumpled up with beads of perspiration streaming down. I had to ask a kind lady for help, as I hadn't expected him to have the runs so I did not bring along a diaper. I could not leave him alone, so thankfully, this kind lady helped to go back to the food court and look for the husband, so that he could pass me a piece of diaper. Thankfully, nothing major happened after that episode, except that the kids were bored and were tired from being in the car all day.

It took us another hour to get to our home for the next few nights. Ten years ago, the husband - who was then the boyfriend - and I went to stay in this same home with my gf and her husband. Ten years later, the house was a bit bigger (they expanded a basement), filled with more people (they have two children), and we all were going to be together for the next few days.

The reunion was sweet! We were all tired, and to be able to sleep in a home, felt so comfortable and that night, we all slept very well.

Hello, San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment