Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Birthday lunch with the best family in the world

So, it's family tradition we hang out with the family for a meal and celebrate birthdays and believe it or not, a year has passed since. This year, we settled on Japanese and as always, chocolate cake.

Family

I think what made this year sweeter, is that we know that Aunty C is going to be part of our family soon. Exciting!


3-5

Perhaps it's age, but I felt extra poignant and emotional this year. I enjoyed being in the cosy dining area with the family, the room was a cacophony of laughter and loud voices, all of which were trademarks of our family. Yes, the kids are growing up to be boisterous, adorable and naughty. They are also becoming spunky, a tad smart-alecky and way too cute.

My parents, grow older with each year that I do too, and I really wish them the best of health because I am nowhere without them, their guidance and love through all my life.

My siblings, the sweet little ah-girl and ah-boy, are little no more, and young, capable and good-looking adults leading great lives of their own. Our new soon-to-be family member, so sweet and smiley, so kind and accepting of all of us.

My husband, who is the pillar in my life, there with me, eating my food, being the usual man that he is. Whom despite it all, can be such a sweetheart or otherwise, but whom I know will be there for me.

The cake was so dense that he deemed this the best way to eat the cake
("My hand so painful", he said, when he couldn't cut it with the plastic fork)


Love. 
This year, I give extra thanks with all my heart and I wish for all the good blessings in the world upon my family, whom I love with all my heart. Happy times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment