Monday, January 25, 2016

Saying goodbye to Denmark

20 Jan, Wednesday: enroute to the office at 8.30am
 
Notice the amazing details - brick bushes!

The signature shot with very signature bricks
 
I thought I'd build a snowman and snap a pic for the kids...
that didn't happen because I nearly froze my fingers off just holding the snow!
 
Visited a quaint town for dinner, Vejle which is about 20minutes away
 
Snowy quaint
 
Hearty dinner

Cold. Very cold.

21 January, Thursday: my last breakfast in Billund

After half a day at the office, we were finished with the week at Billund. It'd been an interesting and fun week, truly. To play student again to absorb and learn information, to make new friends from different parts of the world, it felt refreshing. By the time the day ended, it was about 330pm.

Enroute to the airport at 4pm

Billund Airport

 
The short flight departed 10minutes late from Billund, to - thankfully - arrive punctually at Frankfurt. Here, I bade farewell to my fellow friend Jana from the Czech Republic. My transit window period was 1hour 20minutes and I quickly made my way to the connecting flight early, so that there would be no mishaps of any sort.
 
I had about half an hour, which I used to change into a more comfortable set of clothings. I also boarded the plane and held my breath... until the doors were announced shut. And tadah! I had the same seats free on the plane - all to myself again - hooray!
 

My last leg of travel, 3-seater bed all to me!

To have the same seats available was amazing, and it made the long travel a lot more comfortable. I was trying to adjust my body back to Asia time and I pretty much concussed the moment the plane took off. By then, it was midnight BLL time, which meant that I had been awake for 18 hours straight. I snoozed for about 1.5-2 hours, and awakened to feeling hungry. I had a small snack of bread and biscuits, then started to catch a movie... which didn't last long. I then laid down to sleep for about 4 hours. By the time I woke up again, it read 2.30pm on my watch (SG time). I decided to force myself to stay awake because I'd be home at night time and I should be sleeping then, instead of in the present, and so I did. By the time I set foot on ground, it was about 5pm and I felt so glad to be off the plane.

It's been a pretty back-to-back week of activities and it was quite an experience. Before the trip, I couldn't bring myself to feel excited; instead opting for stress and worry because of the unknown. Now that the trip was over, and it was truly quite an enjoyable time, I wonder why I hadn't been more upbeat about it. So a lesson to self : be more accepting of challenges and regard them (my husband's words) as an adventure! There are always different ways of interpreting things and perhaps, I should learn to lighten up and accept them than worry. It's quite a timely reminder to myself, especially being at the start of this new year.

I am now back and the weekend was pretty amazing. I slept, ate and spent time with family and it was very nice. I hope I will get the change to travel long-haul again, as it's really an amazing experience and I know that all the travel experience I gathered this week will stay with me, to equip me better for my next travels.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate! I am writing to you on behalf of a children photo organizing app, "Memom". Do you have an email address where we could contact you? Alternatively, you could contact us at supportteam2@memom.com

    ReplyDelete