Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Visiting Billund, Denmark

Sunday, 17 Jan, 11.55pm: Thankful for the great start to
this red-eye flight. My very own 3-seater-bed!
 
Monday, 18 Jan, 6am local time (it was about 3pm SG time):
After 13 hours + 1 (custom clearance at transit), I seat myself to witness
the beautiful skies from the Frankfurt Airport and make a quick call home.
 
Boarding my small plane from Frankfurt to Billund

View from the tarmac
 
View from the skies

1pm: After freshening up, I headed to the office and have my first
sit-down meal in a very long time.
 
The small town centre of Billund
 
Tuesday, 19 Jan, 7am: View from my window - snow!

Weather
 
I'd love to cycle if I could! But probably unwise given my unfamiliarity
with the place and how wobbly I may be in the cold.
 
Amazing 3D models of FRIENDS

Whee! Spot the bball hoops in the background too... and further
down, there is a ping-pong table and dart board.

12.30pm (post lunch): as sunny as it gets

Lego House, work-in-progress. Will be amazing to visit
when it's completed!
 
Isn't the windowsill lovely in the white and red with snowy exterior?

Visit to the staff store
 
My fellow trainees, all happy with our loot!

This is what -7 looks like at 930pm

Leading to my room

I was so cold I stayed bundled up in the room for 10minutes. BBrrrrrr.
 
Wed, 20 Jan: 835am: enroute to the office


I am so happy to have this opportunity to visit the LEGO Mothership and the whole week has been pretty amazing. I am trying my best to take in everything best I can - from meeting different people, to listening to different subject matters and living in the snowy cold temporarily... and as much as I miss the family, the experience is amazing.

Rushing off to the next thing right now!

1 comment:

  1. so nice che !
    and snowy ! keep warm ! looks fun. glad you have some time off.. enjoy it ! <3 you !

    ReplyDelete