Friday, March 24, 2017

We turn 9!

So this V-day that just passed, the husband and I missed out on eating at this Jap restaurant. We had tried their course dinner before and was interested to go again (it was good). Another opportunity arose for us to treat ourselves, and it was a no-brainer for us to make a reservation - at the right place this time!


It was a work-day, and we both went to work, then met to have our omakase meal. I was so excited! It did not disappoint. We had an array of fresh sashimi, cooked fish, sushi, soup, 'appetiser' type (oyster!)... we were so super stuffed by the end. It was a good deal, we thought and have recommended it to the sister; we may come back again another time!


We did not take any pics at dinner, and while walking to the car, attempted to take one for the night.
We took only one. This shaky on. Hah!
I felt that I couldn't let the day go pass without posting a declaration - it was such a happy occasion afterall! And so I did.. I scrolled through my phone and had a pretty tough time picking a nice, couple shot of us. Seems that my phone is pretty much 80% of the children, 10% family pics, 5% work pics, 5% miscellaneous (quotes I wish to remember and schoolwork/admin pics I take to remember things by).


I did find one from 1.5 years ago.. and posted it with the following caption:
Happy 9th anniversary babe! We were so greedy we devoured our omakase dinner with no pics (insert relevant sushi/jap-food-type emojis) At least we managed to recollect most parts of our last 9 years of marriage, and the (GASP-SHOCK-FACE EMOJI) realisation that we have known each other for 22 years. To more travels, good and better times, gluttony, exercising, exploration, adventures and laughter (heart)

Record-breaking likes!
It seems such a silly thing, but I have never received this many likes on my post before (I think). The husband lamented that 9 is a rarity, but I think it's cos we're good-looking (hahahahaha) - no, but really, I think that it's probably the sharing that we've known each other for 22 years.


Regardless, I am thankful for this partner I picked up for 9 years. It has not always been smooth-sailing, and we definitely had our fair share of grumpiness, arguments, frustrations and turbulent moments. However, we both always managed to work it out and I hope that we continue to do so. We have such a pair of lovely, adorable, cheeky and amazing children to complete us and I really hope that we will be able to celebrate more happy moments together.


Oh, and I don't even know how we celebrated last year. This was all I got!


I love you baby, happy 9 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment