Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dear Jake

Dear Jake,

Mommy and Daddy went together for your 38th week of gestational check-up. I reckon that we have another visit next week, before any action will happen. This is based on what the doc says based on cheche's birth pattern.

While the visits are a little boring, I remind myself that it is our only way of knowing that you're still growing very well. I'm happy that you're in the right position and while you can move left-to-right, you're unlikely to somersault - so I know that we're on the right track to a natural delivery.

Mommy's kinda playing with the idea of not receiving any aid during your delivery - but since nothing can be truly planned since the birth is intended to be au naturel, I'm going to not think about it and see what you're like at your entry to this big world.

I keep imagining how you'll look like and I'm pretty sure you'll look scrunched up and much like your cheche. Today, we opted not to “see” you, instead just listening to your heartbeat – going strong! I wonder if you’ve grown much in weight, because I had put on 0.1kg from last week. But that’s not a concern as long as you’re generally healthy and fine.

What really made me happy in the past week was how you’re such a good boy and shifted away from some nerve or whatever, and my pelvis is no longer in severe pain! Well done, Jake!

I know that I'll miss the movements of you within me, I know that life will be very exciting and different when you arrive, I know that I'll love you so much my heart will nearly burst and I know that our little family will be complete then.

See you really soon, Jake boy.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment