Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baby steps

Just for the record, Jake took his first independent steps this week. He is 11.5months old. On Monday (11/2), to be exact. I was holding his hand, and with prior knowledge that he can walk (but possibly no confidence to do so or he's just lazy), I let him try walking towards me like a game. He sought me with outstretched arms and giggled with glee, enjoying the game. I say he treats it like a game because he chooses when to walk or otherwise; which shows that he's choosing when to walk, or not.

The other milestone is that he is beginning to utter words. His vocabulary consists of his favourite things : mum mum (food, me), bye bye (he loves to go gaigai), papa, burd (bird, while pointing to the sky/looking up), woah woah (bark like a dog), aarh (it's like a scream, which he says is a cats meow)

My baby is growing up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment