Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jake - 365 days old

365 days ago, I was experiencing my first signs of labour symptoms.

I went back and read Jake's birth story and the memory flashes back vividly. I had nearly forgotten some of the details - I'm glad that I made a record. 

I sieve through pictures of my son at his birth, at one day old, at seven days old - and I marvel at how much he has grown and developed since.

Jake @ birth, 3.34kg, 51cm

Dear Jake,

You are such a special boy. It has been an amazing journey with you the past year and I cannot imagine life without you. Your sister and you share this special bond and it never ceases to make me smile when you two connect.

May the two of you love each other forever
You have always been quite a little "man", or in yiyi's words, "meh". Your face, is that of calm. You choose when you flash your smile, or any other expression for that matter. You seem to tell the world "whatever" just being you. You were 6 weeks old before I managed captured a proper, true smile; and when you do, you become the sweetest, most charming boy ever.

The rare, sweet smile 

Truth is, I feel guilty because I don't seem to spend enough time with you. I try my best though, my boy and I hope you know that. I hope that you will always allow me to be in your life in some way or other, because you will always be my child. I will remember how challenging this past year has been, in trying my best, in juggling myself, work, your sister, your father, life, and you (man, I cannot wait for you to outgrow waking up in the night!)... but I wouldn't change a single thing because it's all part of you and it's all meant to be. You were meant to be and you are the sweetest, coolest, loveliest, most adorable little boy. You totally knocked our socks off with your superb psychomotor skills - you are already walking weeks before today!

I love you with all my heart, dear Jake and you truly complete our little family.


Happy birthday sweetie. 

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment