Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Saying sorry

Yesterday morning, I yelled at K. It was uncalled for - even if she was whining on some extreme spectrum - and I felt awful.

We made up, before we said good-bye when I left for work, but I still felt awful. *cue music of the return of the monster mom

I waited until 3pm, when she was back from school and rang home.

I told her, that I was sorry for yelling at her that morning. I told her that I always love her. I told her that I need to be more patient. I asked her to please forgive me.

Her response, touched me greatly.

"Mommy, I forgive you. I love you, Mommy."

I am ashamed of my lack of control. But I am glad that I apologised to her. My friend told me that repair is as important, if not more important than the wrong and I want to repair.

My 5yo is such a sensitive child, to understand forgiveness, and to still love me with all her little heart.

I am blesssed.

No comments:

Post a Comment