Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The bug hits us

So, it's week 3 of this bug in our household. It's too painful to document details, so here's the topline.

It started with K, complaining of a tummyache on a Sunday evening. 
It quickly burned into fever... which continued for the next week. Top hits were 40-degrees every, single night. She seemed to get slightly better, then two days later complained about tummy pains and a follow-up to the doctor's put her on a dose of antibiotics. That helped clear her bug over the next 4 days - hooray!

Then... J started running a temperature. Repeat cycle of 40-degrees fever straight for 4 days. Boo.
He is now better, no antibiotics needed, mild diarrhea and coughing. We just need to get rid of the horrible phlegm in his body. Boo. Just for notes, this boy's eyes glazes over when his temperatures shoots up. So, poor thing.

In the third week, I begin to feel unwell. I have been running a borderline fever for the past 5 days and my body is on what I call the "panadol clock". It is defined as a 5-hourly-shift where I need to pop the meds or my body starts to breakdown. My throat hurts and today is the 5th day where I'm less feverish, but my tummy is beginning to feel extremely queasy. Let's hope that my best efforts to keep myself healthy will keep me healthy.

So yesterday, I had a cute conversation with my boy (via the phone).
Me: Hello J, are you feeling better? Do you still have fever?
J: No, no fever.
Me: you know where it is? 
J: No.
Me: The fever is with me. You passed it to Mommy!
(silence)
J: Is it just like a ball?

HAHAHA. 
My not-so-little boy

No comments:

Post a Comment