Friday, February 27, 2015

Baby Jake turns Three!

We woke up to a whining baby boy. Asking for milk. I made some for him, but lured him for breakfast and we did that. Just him and me, having random conversations over breakfast of what we are eating "i love porridge, you know?" and cat sightings "where is the meow meow?" and other odd stuff that was so bane,  yet interesting because it is me, having a conversation, with an intelligent 3yo. Didn't seem too long ago that he was just a teeny one

We came home, for him to have his (again) routine milk.

Probably his favourite activity in the world. Drinking milk in his favourite "Papa's room"

Then because he wasn't taking the school bus today (it is, afterall a special day), he had time to muck about. We opened up his gift of a soldier suit.

In his words, "I'm a sholger"
Like a pro

We dropped him off at school, went off to run some errands then routed back to school with a birthday cake and goodie bags on-hand. His class was small only, and all the children were younger than J. 

Us, some of his classmates and his "tuperman" cake

After eating the cake and distributing the fanfare, the husband and I brought both kids off school. It was meant to be a surprise, and we were pretty excited to try a new activity altogether - trampolining!

Family 
Jumping j-bean
The most adventurous, and probably best at trampolining
K
WHEE!
Not bad for a 3yo!

We were sweaty and laughing and it was so much fun. I'm happy that we made it together - at an odd time too so it was as if we booked the whole place out for ourselves. Pretty awesome.

After that, we all came home and crashed for a much-needed nap. Having fun is tiring! Dinner was simple fare at Mom's. 

Time. It's a sneaky thing, this time. Always running about, getting lost as we go about with our lives. So, just like that, my baby boy turns three. THREE! I still remember quite clearly what we did last year. Last night, at about midnight, I remembered how three years ago, I received first signs from him that he was coming. And it felt poignant - it always does, remembering the feelings (emotionally and physically) that I went through with each child. 
As much as time does seem to flip through our fingers, I want to spend time wisely; thoroughly and give that to my child(ren) - as that is really priceless and the time we spend to make memories, is the best I can give to them. 


Happy birthday, my baby boy. I love you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment