Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Saturday of sunshine and parks

So, the husband and I started to run on Sat mornings again. Well, we only kickstarted it once last weekend... and then this morning, I woke up feeling terribly - well - lazy. Both kids were awake and I thought, 'if I'm not going to run, maybe I can bring them for some sunshine?"

And so we did. In a short burst of chaos, we left in a flurry.

Trying out the exercise equipment
Venturing into the forest
Getting upclose with the monkeys (& getting tired)

The hour passed very quickly, and both kids (especially J) became so sweaty running. I was just lazing about managing maybe, one yawn/stretch. Haha.

I kinda regretted feeling lazy once we got to the reservoir after watching the happy faces of the runners who accomplished their runs. So I must try to hit the trek next week. But for the morning, to spend it with the kids watching kayaks and monkeys and their amusing tactics, was pretty awesome in a different way.

After that, we rushed home to drop J for his nap/lunch and K and I headed off for her regular Saturday morning class. I had my breakfast in the two hours of quiet, followed by lunch with the first-born. We then headed home to pick J up for his trial chinese class.

Being a trouper in a class environment, K and I left him comfortably and in that time we familiarised ourselves with this new class environment - it was pretty good. We explored two different playgrounds in the vicinity, I had a cup of tea, we headed to the library - borrowed books, before heading back to pick J. The sun was up, we were already out so I let them play at the playground for a bit.

Since it was still bright, early and we had time; I decided to bring them to another playground for more play!

Running to the playground
Spidey
Going dizzy
It was hot, everyone was sandy and sweaty after the play, but it was so good. I'd spent an amazing amount of time with them both in the day, exposing them to so much play - my insides are warm with love and fuzz thinking about it.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment