Friday, May 29, 2015

Date night : second attempt

Two nights ago, the husband and I made plans to go on a date night. Half hour before dinner, he called me to say he was still at work. Bummed out, I was but little I could do so my dinner turned out to be instant noodles.

Last night, we tried again and this time, we made it. 

Dinner was at Fat Cow, a place that we had read about but never tried. Since we were meat-lovers, it seemed a good place for us to try. 

The place was warm and cosy - the entrance so inconspicuous that I walked right past. The husband started off with a Yuzu Umeshu - it was refreshing and tasted yummy. 
With guidance from our server, we picked our dinner for the night - items which he recommended. 

Fresh bream with truffle sauce - very very fresh and sweet
Tempura zucchini with fresh scallops and crab-mash
The hero dish - tenderloin, half-cut, medium

Sides - super-tasty mushroom with some amazing sauce and cold noodles (slurps)
Everything was very tasty and though they bordered on salty for me, it was still very enjoyable. The husband had another yuzu umeshu, and I had a lemon-ginger-umeshu. He also had a glass of red.

My favourite was the beef, obviously because it was so smoked and fragrant - lovely.

Credit mention: thanks to the sister for generously sharing the voucher with us

After dinner, we headed to Dempsey for dessert. It was an on-the-whim kinda decision and it was nice, to have extended time together. 

Key lime pie ad chocolate doorstop + ice-cream

Cakes wholly devoured, and a frisky husband who needed
the newspapers to keep him occupied

I was so stuffed by the end of the night, it was not funny. My tummy was literally bursting at the seams. But I was full, not just from the delicious, decadent food; but from the precious time that the husband made for us to go on this dinner. 

I enjoyed last night, thank you baby. #love


No comments:

Post a Comment