Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 18: Bye bye USA - again

So, after our failed attempt to go home yesterday, we awoke again in the hotel and prepared to go home.

Getting ready to go
After breakfast, we proceeded to make our way to the airport - just like how we did it yesterday. 

Silly babies
And just like yesterday, we made our way to the aeroplane.

Gangway style

Settling into our seats
Transit at Narita
We had noodles, to warm our tummies, and because there was timezone differences, someone was extremely tired. By the end of eating, and whilst picking up some snacks…

Someone fell asleep!
Boarding, the last plane that took us home.

Just like that, the holiday was over. Truth is, when the kids fell sick on the first leg of the holiday, they did not enjoy the car rides or "mountain - I hate the mountain!" very much at all. K was constantly complaining that the water tasted weird "so smelly!"; besides Disneyland that really occupied them that first day; they had different feelings about each stage. The car rides bored them I think, but thinking back, we coped pretty well. Other than K having motion sickness on the drive up the dreadful mountains, the kids were pretty well-behaved; and we talked a lot, sang a bit, played silly games and ate our way through the states with our trusty mobile pantry. It was such a small space that housed us for hours and hours; and I wouldn't change a single thing (well, ok maybe that one time that I needed to pee so bad that the husband and I had a squabble about my lousy attitude). 

The shopping experience was fine, we bought more than we needed but I think if we had more money; we'd have wanted to get more too. The truth is, the currency was not entirely in our favour so that pinched a little.

Food wise, my best meals were definitely in Vegas and San Francisco. At Vegas, it was the chance to indulge in the best buffet and eating such good meat; at SF it was the homeliness of home-made breakfast (ah, that lingering smell of toast, scrambled eggs and bacon) and sating the craving for proper chinese food. The bad, fried, fast-food really overwhelmed me at times; and it wasn't the best. I can imagine how unhealthy the locals are because of the easy access to all the bad food - though for my palette now, I cannot stomach too much of the oily grease. I actually just don't want to eat another french fry or burger or anything salty because it was just, ugh.

The weather - such lovely weather - played a big part on the trip and while I think we overpacked for most of it because only the mountains were super-duper cold, I guess we needed what we needed when we needed them!

The sight-seeing, the experiences - it was very special being introduced to Yosemite and reminiscing the past with the husband, and introducing it all to the children. While honestly, I wasn't the one who opted to bring the kids along; there are no regrets having done that because this truly builds a big part of our memories as we expose them to so much the entire 18 days that we spent together 24/7.

For the husband and I, it reinforced that while we each had our moments; we work pretty well as a team and truly, that's what you need in life. To have a decent partner to walk alongside with, laugh with and share things with so that we build upon this life that we share.

We love to travel and I'm so glad that we did this holiday. It took me (only) three months to finish capturing each day of our travel and I know that we will have more to share and as we start to plan our next get-away.

Thank you for the great time, USA. Until we meet again.

Love, the Seahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment