Monday, July 6, 2015

NDP 2015 - attending the rehearsal *HAPPINESS

And so, as always, time whizzes by and it's now a month to Singapore's 50th birthday. Each year, it seems to be more and more difficult to secure tickets and I know that we are very, very fortunate to be able to attend it as a family to rejoice in this national festivity. 


HAPPINESS!

The day rolled along and because there was heavy downpour in the morning, the weather was pretty bearable by the time 5pm rolled along. 

Our contingent raring to go - Mr 3yo, Ms 4yo, Ms 6yo and Mr 5yo

Lucky 8 - am so thankful we secured tickets 

Just because J looks so incredibly adorable here :)
All-time favourite segment - watching out for the Red Lions!

FAMILY

Love this pic of Grandma with her precious little princess
The kids are professionals at rummaging through the fun pack
for food and snacks and things to play
Lesson from J: How to eat a lollipop 101
Fun with tattoos

Happy cousins
#proudwithhistatt
An all-time favourite

This year, it's our 5-0 birthday! Hooray!

A lovely sea of red and buzz

"Mommy, take a picture. See? How I eat this biscuit"

Also special, because about 20 years ago, my bf and I marched in the parade
when we were cadets in the NCC in secondary school 

This pic pretty much sums up this excited little boy
who was elated to be at the parade

And this pic was a candid shot I sneaked of K #happy

Finishing off the night - see how the kids were running past the volunteers giving high-5s?

Truly, the whole night was very special because I got to celebrate not just any birthday, but Singapore's #SG50. To have both kids enjoy the parade so much, and to be excited and involved in the fanfare, songs, dances, really made a big impact on me. I really enjoyed myself too and I am so thankful that I am able to share this parade with the children.

Through the past years that I attended the parade, I've always had a great time. I remember the first time we brought K to the parade, she was so little then and she was actually frightened because it was too much noise for her. Then the next year, we went solo because J was still a baby.  Last year, was the first he attended and he was hooked! To witness him so excited about the parade experience was extremely fulfilling. This year, my children are so aware of what's going on, and to let them live the national pride is truly special.

Happy Birthday, Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment