Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A fun office tour to Facebook

I am privileged to have visited my office neighbour, Facebook some weeks ago. I chanced upon a lunch invite and I was glad it happened! It made TGIF even better and sweet. We started off with lunch - not just any lunch, but a sumptuous buffet lunch spread across 4 different cuisines. I opted out from the Vietnamese, but took dishes assorted from Western, Local and Indian. Despite being full, we managed to find space for coffee and desserts, naturally. The cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinner - all complimentary - and there are six chefs who were hired from top hotels in Singapore to helm the kitchenette - amazing!
 
My overfloweth lunch bowl and desserts (there's a tiny LIKE on top of that cake)
 
The cafe is located on the 33rd level, with an amazing view of the Marina area. It was well-lit, the cafeteria was buzzing with energy and it felt super!
 
To work off our heavy lunch, we went for a walk around the office that spanned over 5 levels. We worked our way from level 26 down to level 22. A key central attraction is the centre stairwell thrown about with confetti, giving a delightful feel throughout the office floors. Incidentally, this installation is by an ex-colleague who is dabbling into the arts scene and I felt so proud seeing this installatio with my own eyes, after reading of it and seeing pictures of this stairwell.
 
Confetti strewn stairwell
SHIP happens - this is their mail room - love the cheeky sign!
 
Tech vending machine for staff

Amazing branding
Our afternoon turned upside down
Friday groovin'
Mahjong, anyone?

Beer on tap (no, we didn't have any)
 
An interactive touch-screen that displayed statistics and whats #trending

Friday fun crew


I had such a fun tour that took nearly 2 hours! My afternoon was thoroughly well-spent and the group of us were laughing away until our bellies ached. I appreciated the open culture that FB offered to its employees and visitors. Their benefits (free lunch!) are amazing and I'm so jealous! Having said that, however, I think that every job has its perks and I am thankful for my own job that's pretty amazing too. I'd love to visit it again and hang out, just for giggles #like
 

No comments:

Post a Comment