Wednesday, February 10, 2016

初二

After a late night, we crawled out of bed slowly and broke fast with an unconventionally un-chinese meal.
 
Prata, anyone?
We did a stopover to visit the husband's eldest auntie, and I am humbled by life and how it is a natural process to age. I only hope that I will be as healthy as possibly may be and I wish this to everyone too, because life is transient and we have much to be thankful for, much lest not taking our health or anything for granted.
 
We then headed to my second uncle's home.. but before that, I thought it'd be nice to take a family picture.

Umm, well, I guess the operative word is that we tried.
We spent the afternoon visiting two more families after, and in-between the adults (me) had a brief moment of respite while they took a very short nap.
 

Angels when sleeping
At Uncle B's home, the kids were suitably entertained while tormenting playing with his dogs. It was an adorable sight to see how inquisitive they were, because they have such limited interaction with pets. And while I do pity the dogs, I'm also thankful that they are so well-behaved and obliging to allow the children have some fun.

A heartwarming sight

We ended off the evening with a finale dinner at the husband's cousin's home. I stayed up after pushing the kids to go to bed, and continued feasting on goodies (pretty much what I had been doing since reunion dinner!) and it came to a point that I fell asleep while complaining to the husband that I had a bad tummyache...

Today marks the return of normalcy with K going back to school (yay) and me going back to work. The festivities will pepper our weekends with some gatherings already lined up... and I hope that we remember to be happy and continue indulging what we can while soaking in this festive period!


No comments:

Post a Comment