Friday, May 12, 2017

Bye bye, Hi-5

I was browsing on IG the other day and hi5world popped up. It struck me that I no longer have a need to follow them because my kids have grown out of hi5.


Unfollow.
Wow. When did it happen?


I think it did so slowly, but surely. I brought them to the shows (live) - both paid and unpaid, and it was so adorable while it lasted. I loved watching the kids sing-along, dance (though it was more like mini hops when they were toddlers) and even I got to know the hi5 team and their songs. I truly think that it was one of those shows that the kids grew up watching. I loved how creative the hi5 costumes are, and it was performance-based (by real people) versus cartoon; which was also another 'win' in my opinion.


Oh, hi5 took centrestage in our home for many years, when the girl (and I) first knew of it - she was probably, 2? - till last year when I felt that both the girl and boy have outgrown it. They have stopped watching hi5 on TV, I did not see the need to purchase tickets to live shows. These days, them 2 prefer watching live cartoon and even tween-type shows (dramas by teen actors).


Thank you hi5 for the years of entertainment and education to the children. I had fun too. Oh, what a ride it had been.

No comments:

Post a Comment