Wednesday, May 3, 2017

May Day long weekend

Friday: started off before sunset with Happy Hour with the colleagues! The husband joined for a drink (or 2) and we headed to have dinner together. Nothing fancy, just at a hawker but the point is that we spent together-time. Burp. The little girl went for a stayover with her grandma so that night, the boy slept with us. This was also the day we tore out the carpet in our master bedroom.


It's the first major affair we did to our house after we moved in; and may I add that we also (finally) serviced our air-cons for the first time. Ha!


Saturday: turned out to be pretty routine with classes for the boy, lunch with his friends whom we bumped into coincidentally. We then headed home for a much-needed nap and headed to pick up the girl and have dinner with altogether too.


Sunday: the kids went to play with the grandparents and the husband and I went for brunch! We headed to Pacamara, this lovely café we chanced upon (that first time) and it did not disappoint again this time. I love the happy, white, bright feel of the open bar; and the food was pretty tasty.


Us.
We picked the kids up and did a pit-stop to a sports sale where the husband and I picked up some winter and sports wear. The boy went for drum class while the girl and I finished off some loose bits of work from school. The husband displayed his cooking skills with this tasty, somewhat healthy salmon head that had the right amount of spice.


Yum.

After the classes and work were completed, we packed up and headed to the beach! It's been a while since we did this and I was so looking forward. The skies looked slightly ominous but thankfully stayed light enough for us to continue. Cloudy skies work just fine for us! The husband and I took turns to swim and though we did not have much time to chill together, it was still a nice time out. I totally enjoyed the swim (strong currents, so tough!) and the run felt pretty easy (fuelling  up gives me strength!)


Endorphin-hit.

Monkeys.

We headed for dinner at RWS and it was quite a simple one - picked from avail of seats at 8pm. The last exciting fun bit of the evening was totally by chance - while walking to the carpark! It was a series of deco/set-up as part of the draw to the Trick-Eye Museum, and we had a tiny blast playing around.

Selfie with this strange lady

Whurt.

Monday, also known as YAY BONUS BREAK DAY!
We headed to the club and I'm happy that the husband got to cycle; and while he swam with the kids for fun/lessons, I headed to the gym for a light workout. It felt necessary to stretch after the brutal swim from yesterday.

My loves

Post-workout, we headed to mom's for lunch and a short hangout. Then everyone took a luxurious nap. Zzz. The evening ended with simple dinner fare with mom and then bonus!


LIULIAN!


I was stuffed but it was super tasty. The husband brought the kids out for a bit on an errand and I spent the evening unwinding by myself, with face mask treatments and reading. I started on this book that encourages 'thinking correctly' - an interesting concept. I very seldom (never) read self-help/documentary-type of books; as I find them too stimulating and I don't fancy it. I much prefer frivolous storylines like shopperholics, novels or thrillers (my preferences for movies and books are alike!) But this book was picked up sometime last year when I was feeling moody; and it's been lying around. I quite liked how I picked it up and just started to absorb it, and maybe this will open up my mind to different things. No pressure, just read - all part of life and learning.


That pretty much ended the whole weekend and it was an amazing time. I feel recharged; my body is fuelled with food and exercise, my mind and heart full with time with the family.


Hope you had a lovely long weekend too. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment