Monday, May 22, 2017

Weekend highlights

Badminton FTW! So, it's been yonks since I played badminton, and I really mean yonks. K had a taste of it at school and because she asked, I have been asking my badminton-enthusiast-friends to ask me along so that K can play. This happened last Saturday and I love it! It was painful (physically) due to the massive muscle ache we suffered from traumatising our master arm, but I'm happy to (1) try something I have not for a long time and (2) enjoyed a fun and healthy hour with the children and friends.


I was so focussed on playing that I did not snap pics. Courts are booked on time-basis and we only had an hour so every minute counted!


Post the game, we brought ourselves (minus 1-able-arm) to dinner and what are the odds, bumped into the friends at dinner. Only then, did I manage to snap a pic of the little ones.


Do-re-mi.
Highlight of Sunday was time to ourselves (husband and I), and still being in the piggy-mood, I was not inclined to exercise so we headed out for breakfast. We ventured to Tiong Bahru, to have breakfast and buy some meat from the grocer's; and as a small adventure, we stepped into a café I saw while driving by, Drip's.

Salted caramel + strawberry mango. Mmmm.


The rest of the weekend was the usual of loving the family, spending time together... and the greedy me even tapau-ed  2 more tarts to try and share with the sister (lemon meringue) and husband (almond).


Thankful for time to rest and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment