Monday, October 19, 2015

Krabi, last day

We had to set our alarm clocks for this morning, after a very full day - of relaxation- on day 3 of our trip to Krabi.. We had to work our time backwards from pick up to go to the airport (10am) and include time for packing and eating etc, so by 8am, I was up getting ready. After all the indulgent makan, I had wanted to stretch my body out. However, while the balcony seemed a suitable spot for yoga, the mosquitoes were terribly fierce and buzzed about annoying me. I could not stay still in a position without being attacked! That kinda killed my plan of a good session. So I went ahead to wash up and pack my bits; then woke the husband up too. We had breakfast at the hotel.

My happy face breakfast
 
So I decided to engage the husband in a version of face-making too. I started with the whole face, leaving only the mouth of seeds for him to accomplish.
 

"Nah. I'm done"

I guess that does pass off as a smirk which - in all honesty - is pretty apt for the husband.
 
We finished off our hearty breakfast, then headed back to the room to finish packing and completed administration the likes of returning our rental bike, checking out.. and we were ready to set off for the airport.


View enroute home

We arrived home mid-day and had ramen at the airport. By the time we reached home, it was evening and it felt nice to see the kids. The family also came over for dinner and it was nice seeing everyone to catch up. One of the highlights - besides being reunited with the children - was seeing my newly engaged sister and her new bling! It was a nice and sweet end to our short holiday.

A lot of people comment that the husband and I always go to Krabi. True, we have been on many occassions like Jan 2014 and March 2014 and more... but I guess the place is very comfortable for us - whether we are travelling as a couple or if we bring the kids along. It's less hectic than other beaches like Phuket and because it's so near and easy to travel to and do things in, we love it. Some people may deem it boring, but a holiday is what we make it out to be and because Krabi is always a win for us, so that's why we always go back to continue building loving memories at a comfortable place.

So that's the one and only holiday that the husband and I had in 2015. Just a short and sweet one, after we started the year with a very long holiday to USA (that's very far away!).

Hopefully, in 2016 we manage to get away more - here's to planning ahead and hoping that everything falls into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment