Monday, October 5, 2015

Sundate

We woke up and headed to the gym. The husband has been working on his swimming strokes in preparation of his big event for 2016, and I went ahead with my own gym session. Usually, we clock about 60-90 minutes at the gym and these pockets of workout times mean the world to me. Not only do I feel on top of the world post the endorphins kick, I also savour the time spent with the husband.
 
On this lovely Sunday, we were meant to try a brunch cafe but because it was rather crowded, we ended up at My Little Spanish Place a few doors down and it turned out to be a full-blown 3-course lunch with a drink. Yum.
 
 
A recommended appetiser of seared pork well-marinated, seated
on top of some chips and tomato bits.
 
We shared a main of seafood paella, which was not bad but slightly salty for my liking (didn't stop me from devouring the whole pan though!). And lastly, the dessert which sounded and looked promising but sadly, didn't finish off the win for the meal.

Chocolate tart

Turns out the husband and I had been out on the weekend, doing what we do best - eating to our hearts' content - a few times the past month here and here; and truth is, we do enjoy each other's company while savouring good meals and it's been such a privilege to have this time to ourselves to do so. To hear him say that he enjoys our time together during these sessions too brings immense joy to me.

To more healthy workouts and common enjoyment of good food!

1 comment: