Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Day

After a rather controlled Eve, we awoke in pretty decent shape on Christmas Day. While browsing through my digital memory bank, I realised that we headed to the Club on Christmas Day last year... it was a great plan and so we did it again this year!
 
 
Pool play
 
Gaining confidence with their newly acquired floats

Cowabunga!
 
Happiness

We then headed to the supermarket to prepare for our dinner. This year, we'd not planned early enough so did not manage to get any angmoh Christmas food. Instead, we opted for fusion style of Chinese-steamboat for Christmas... because we can!

Simple pleasures in life.. family sitting around a ton of food together #bliss
Photo credit: J
 
One of us
 
Family
 
Highlight of the night - unwrapping presents!
It was, as always, fun and silly. We sat around and took turns to gift one another, with the centre of attention being our little munchkins. All too soon, the gifts were all unwrapped and of course, the children instantly started to open up and play with their gifts.


A new hoop for the little man
 
J, leading a wefie with 'boy team' (uh, the camera is a fake but he took such
joy in pretending that it worked, it's hilarious and adorable)

Girl team - playing cards with princess prints, no less
 
Mini table snooker

My siblings, and I
 
Us
 
Polaroids, version 2015

Perfect finish


Our Christmas versions 2014, 2013 - all of which were held on Christmas dinners at my place, has become a new tradition. Whether it's at my place, or any new nests that my siblings build - I know that we will continue feasting and making merry together. As with every relationship, it needs patience, nurturing and communication; of which we all play our parts to try to partake. Be it co-ordinating christmas gifts, having near-misses in forgetting gifts (heh), or giving the wrong gift yet salvaging it with the right one... the fact that we all talk and participate willingly, makes it a great start point to strengthen our family ties.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love my family with all my guts and heart. They mean the world to me and I give thanks for them everyday.
Happy Christmas 2015. To more merry-making and love in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment