Monday, July 18, 2016

The big day... is nearly here

I don't think I have said it here before... so let me make the announcement - MY LITTLE SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED!


She has launched her project #project3007 many, many months ago since their lovely proposal, and it is with certainty that the big day is truly approaching.


Last Saturday, was the "bethrothal day"; in the olden days, that's the formal day where the groom and bride exchange dowries and pleasantries. Fast-forward to today, where it is not as rigid and formal as the olden times, but it is still a significant moment where both families meet and well, do the basic form of exchanges.



Gifts galore and double happiness!

Happy Foo parents, happy Foo bride, happy Yeap groom, happy Yeap family (Mom & Brother)




It was quite a simple affair, one where the parents and sister and new husband-to-be prepared in bite-sizes, so it wasn't harassed or fussed. I totally liked how the couple opted for the traditional options (once in a lifetime yo) for the very Chinese feel of it all. Oh, and did I mention that I ate non-stop for 4 hours because there was just so much food at my mom's home? Ah, we are so abundantly blessed with contributions from the mother (she laboured and cooked many dishes) and our aunts (a few chipped in potluck style) and everyone was so, super stuffed.


I am not sure that it's truly sunk in that my sister is getting married. I mean, I know it, but I think it's really going to hit me - at some point.


It's such a happy occasion and I am so glad that I am part of it all - just talking to her to know what she's planning etc, it's a happy, happy time for her and our family.


Another 2 more weeks (a bit less) before the actual day! Woot!

1 comment:

  1. that makes two, it hasn't hit me either ! hoho *does jellyfish

    ReplyDelete